The process has begun.
270 days from today, DFLers across Minnesota will be gathering for the caucuses. Caucuses are not some statewide election system set up by the secretary of state. Caucuses are local elections organized and run by people like you and me.
Here is Senate District 58, we are in the early stages of planning for the caucuses. 2016 is the first of three must win election years. We cannot wait for 2016 to begin to get serious. We need to retain the presidency in the United States, and we need to win back the state house to stop Republicans from trying to turn Minnesota into Wisconsin or worse, their preferred goal of Mississippi.
We need to be the best organized party in the state, and we need to come out swinging. Can you help us do that?
Here is what we need you to do:
- Commit to attending the DFL Caucus on March 1st 2016. Put it on your calendar right now!
- Volunteer to help with registration at your precinct’s table at the caucus
- Volunteer to help set up the caucus the night of March 1st
- Donate $5, $10, or $20 to help DFL58 pay for planning and putting on the caucus
- Volunteer for a local candidate, our DFL congressional candidate, or our Democratic presidential candidate.
Together, we can begin turning back the tide of gerrymandered political districts, voter repression and voter apathy. We can affect climate change, poverty, and fairness. We can shift the balance in the Supreme Court, and create a better nation for our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. But we can only do it if we have enough people helping us to do it. Margaret Mead famously said “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Well, she is right, but let’s make that small group as big as possible! Let’s make the change cataclysmic!